In WordPress 4.2, a fun little feature was quietly snuck into Core, I’m always delighted to see people’s reactions when they discover it. Twitter Twitter But there’s still a problem – WordPress is only ~26% of the internet, how can you get the same feature on the other 74%? Well, that problem has now been rectified. Introducing, […]
A WordCamp US this year, I spoke about the Trojan Emoji security bug, which we fixed in WordPress 4.1.2. In particular, I went through how we came to wrap our head around the bug, and then write a solution that worked for every WordPress site. Gary Pendergast: Curing a Critical Security Bug Earlier this year, we released […]
Earlier in the week, I joined Jeff from WPTavern to chat about WordPress Security, the recent WordPress 4.2.3 release, and my favourite food. Check out the full article here.
lol, I wouldn’t1. 1. If I absolutely had to, I wouldn’t do it the same as Ryan. WordPress isn’t (and will never be) Linux ZYpp is the dependency solver used by OpenSUSE (and its PHP port in Composer), it was born of the need to solve complex dependency trees. The good news is, WordPress doesn’t […]
Earlier in the year, we noticed a problem with JSON in WordPress. The JSON spec very explicitly notes that it only supports UTF-8, whereas WordPress can use any character set that MySQL supports. So, for sites that didn’t use MySQL’s utf8 or utf8mb4 character sets, this generally presented itself as json_encode() returning false; which resulted in either […]